Book of the Year Awards Judge (Eve Pownall Award Panel)
Tenure: 1 year (January 1 2020 - August 20 2021)
Applications are now open for the position of Judge on the Eve Pownall Award panel. Applicants should apply in writing using the application form which addresses the following selection criteria. Please note the responsibilities and duties of judges in the document below.
1. High level skills in establishing sound, effective and collaborative working relationships.
2. Highly developed ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and manage competing demands to meet deadlines.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the field of children’s literature.
5. Recognised qualifications in the field of children’s literature.
6. Awareness of illustration techniques and media, visual literacy, design, writing styles and editing as they relate to children’s literature.
7. Demonstrated successful experience in using evidence to provide written assessments of children’s literature.
8. Demonstrated commitment to promoting excellence in Australian children’s literature.
9. A sound understanding of factual text for children.
10. A background in science and/or history would be beneficial.
Forms to be completed by the applicant:
Further information about the judging role:
The successful applicant will be required to sign a deed of agreement.
Applications close on Friday December 6, 2019. Applications should be sent to the CBCA National Office at -firstname.lastname@example.org-
Any enquiries about this position can be made via email or by calling (07) 3842 9120.