CBCA 14 th National Conference June 10 - 12, 2022
"Dreaming with eyes open..." CBCA 14th National Conference, 2022
Join us to celebrate and explore Australian children’s literature and their makers.
If you are a teacher or librarian who works in schools or public libraries catering for the wide-range of needs of modern Australian families, and wanting to know how to use great literature with children of all ages – then this conference is a must for you.
Registrations are now open!
"People think dreams aren’t real just because they aren’t made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.”
The Dreamtime is the period in which life was created according to Aboriginal culture. Dreaming is the word used to explain how life came to be; it is the stories and beliefs behind creation.
The Dreaming also commands the rules and ways of being in Aboriginal culture.
Reasons to attend this year’s conference
- Attending a conference is a professionally rewarding experience and a great opportunity to connect with people in our teaching and creatives industry and learn new insights
- Be inspired by talented authors, illustrators, publishers, and educators
- Opportunities to network with other delegates
- Support the Children’s Book Council of Australia
We look forward to welcoming you to Canberra for The CBCA 14th National Conference for this major biennial event, 10 - 12 June, 2022.
Our event this year will be a hybrid event, with the opportunity to attend in person or online. You can make this selection when registering online.
COVID-19 and Health and Well-being policy
The National CBCA Conference 2022 will follow the requirements of local, State and Federal COVID-19 policies.
While registrants are not required to show proof of vaccination status under ACT law, we ask all our registrants to have completed double vaccination.
Thanks to the pandemic, this is first CBCA Conference since 2018. We have managed to bring together some amazing speakers, fantastic entertainment and a chance to mingle with the amazing creators and readers of Australian children’s literature.
- CBCA Member Discount Registration (up to 06 May) - $500.00
- Final Round CBCA Member tickets (after 06 May) - $600
- One Day Registration: Saturday only or Sunday only - $390
- Final Round non-Member Registration - $770.00
- Live Stream Registration - $390.00
- Conference Dinner (not included in registration) - $160
- Welcome - $40
There is an option to request an invoice during registration.
Insurance for COVID-19 illness and travel is not included in registration fees. CBCA advise delegates take out appropriate travel insurances prior to travelling. CBCA holds public liability and volunteer insurance for the event.
All membership will be checked with CBCA Branches, if a registration is found to be a non-member, an additional fee will be charged to reflect the correct non-member rate to attend
We thank all our sponsors supporting the CBCA 14th National Conference.