CBCA Book Week
Each year across Australia, the CBCA brings children and books together celebrating CBCA Book Week. During this time schools, libraries, booksellers, authors, illustrators and children celebrate Australian children's literature and you will often see children's book character parades and talented librarians creating amazing displays.
Generally, the CBCA Book of the Year winner's announcement is the third Friday in August, and CBCA Book Week commences the following day.
Please note that the CBCA Book Week artwork is subject to copyright. Schools and libraries that have purchased CBCA Book Week merchandise may apply for a modified version of the artwork to be used in Book Week promotional materials by emailing a request to -email@example.com-.
2018 CBCA Book Week Theme and Dates
Theme: Find Your Treasure
Dates: 18th - 24th August 2018
- Change your library’s social media avatars and email signatures using the resources available below
- Encourage your colleagues, students and library users to use #CBCA2018
- Include your library users in the celebrations by handing out bookmarks (available from our eStore)
- Tweet photos of your Children’s Book Week displays using #CBCA2018
The CBCA will promote CBCA Book Week activities taking place across Australia. Please use the hashtag #CBCA2018 when sharing your events, displays and activities via social media and remember to add those fabulous photos highlighting the special celebrations you attend or organise.
The CBCA will publish a 'wrap-up' of the week on the website, so if you have an event, please share with us:
- Some information and photos by email -firstname.lastname@example.org-
- A link to your Facebook page or website
- Any articles or coverage from your local media
Use our free downloads to promote CBCA Book Week and generate excitement.